How To Set Up A Google My Business Page
If you are wondering why you are not getting much online traffic towards your website have you considered whether there are tweaks to be made? or perhaps you need the assistance of an SEO company? who specialises in this particular field to boost your business brand online. Or perhaps you also need the assistance of a Google My Business Page too. It is a fairly straightforward process that could potentially boost your brand awareness significantly.
How Google My Business Can Help Your Business
Essentially the Google My Business page is where you can use Google’s platform to advertise your business on their search engine and appear on Google Maps. Both aspects are particularly useful as the search results page enables the customer to be directed to your website while the maps functions demonstrates your exact location of the business.
How To Set Up Google My Business Page
- The first step will be to register your business and provide all the necessary details. If you do not already have a Google account you would need to set one up at this stage.
- Once the first stage is complete, you will then need to verify that it is your business. You will then be provided with a verification code which you can receive either by email, telephone or through the post.
- For this stage, your primary focus will be inputting all the key information that would be relevant to a customer. So for example the following.
- Up to date opening hours
- Full address
- Type of business you are, with primary keywords
- Link to your website
- Social media links to your business pages for Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- If it is a business that provides a service such as a restaurant, bar, hotel, hairdresser, then a link to a booking website.
- Photos of the exterior and interior to draw your customers in. This alone can boost your potential for business by 42%. *
- Feedback from customers so that people can see the type of experiences other people have had.
- Google even offer a FREE web site if you need one.
The important thing is to ensure all the necessary information is constantly up to date, which you can easily edit by logging into your Google My Business page. It is also advisable to respond to customer queries and reviews, both good and bad, to demonstrate that you are passionate about your business and are willing to take on board any criticism which will enable you to grow as a business.
The Use of Smartphones for Googling
With the use of Google increasing yearly through smartphone use, it is no wonder that many people will turn to this app to do a quick search of nearby locations that will help them find the correct goods or service that they require when they are on the move. So ideally you want your business to be featured within the Google list of businesses to enable potential customers to find you with ease and hopefully return in future as well.
If you need any help in setting up and taking full advantage of Google My Business then please get in touch
(*About Google My Business – Computer – Google My Business Help)